Truly amazing! During this trip, I was excited, anxious, sleepless, shocked, lost, scared, tired, full-of-pain (esp the legs) and thirsty! What a cocktail of feelings.
WHy was I
1. Excited- this is the 1st time I'm skiing
2. Anxious- this is my 1st trip to snowy mt, wonder how it looks like
3. Sleepless- the coach to Jindabyne is almost 8hrs long and I just could not fall asleep on the bus
4. Shocked- I lost my handphone on the ski slope (fortunately, I found it back at Friday Flat)
5. Lost- I dunno how to get down that steep icy slope
6. Scared- I'm stuck on the steep slope, oh no! HeLP!
7. Tired- Finally got to the bottom of that horrible slope ( walkabout)
8. Full-of-pain- I tripped and fell down countless times, so many falls that I was numb from pain
Despite all these mixed feelings, I must say I really enjoyed this trip becoz I learnt a skill- to ski. On top of that, I learn how to make sharp turns on mt slopes without falling ( of course, this is only possible after I fell so many zillion times).
NO PAIN NO GAIN!
Before this trip, my dear cousin warned me to take extra care in protecting myself from injury. I really tried to prevent mysef from gettin hurt. EXTRA CAREFUL. However, I still suffered multiples "blueblacks" esp on my legs. OUCH! And I think my right arm is a bit sprained. No worries, they are not that serious. The most serious thing happened to me was a bump on my face! That was because I crashed into my Japanese fren, Sayaka. SHe's realli kind, helped me to get down that horrible steep slope!
Snowy Valley Resort is full of frenly and kind ppl! Sammy, or BIG SAM, is the guy that helped us prepared our ski equipment. He doubled up as our driver to Thredbo too. Fat, talkative and knowledgable. Though we paid a lot for this trip (more than our budget), we all made a couple of good frenz and had lotsa fun. Esp in the BAR! The resort was so quiet on Friday nite; every1 had returned home except us. The meals provided were delicious too! oh, I miss that place!
No comments:
Post a Comment